Welcome! I'm Melissa Gross, a dynamic and interactive teacher and speaker called to lead and encourage Christian women in their walk with the Lord through classes, workshops and retreats incorporating Bible study, devotionals, illustrated Bible journaling, paper crafting and mixed media projects that merge faith and art bringing God’s Word to life so you can find renewed excitement to dive into the Word, use your creative gifts, and apply the Truth as you draw closer to the Lord and serve Him in your everyday life. This site is where I share my everyday adventures, Bible Journaling pages, scrapbook layouts, handmade cards, and other crafty projects, as well as information on my upcoming workshops and events. I also post photos, ramble about books I'm reading, stuff I'm organizing, and other FUN bits & pieces of my wonderful life.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A New Look

Last week I had lots of FUN taking photos to create a new banner and making changes to give this site an updated look! First, I created a mood board on Pinterest to pull together the colors, which (of course!) included a bright yellow.


Next, I wandered around the house pulling items in those colors and staged them on top of the projects shelf.


When Robbie arrived home with plenty of fresh flowers, I set to work taking lots of snaps.




Then I pulled my favorite into Photoshop Elements for a few edits!


It's been a couple of years since the last spruce up here at Daily Life - Bits & Pieces, so I'm excited to unveil the new look. What do you think?

(If you're viewing this post in a reader or email, be sure to pop over and check out the updated look HERE!)

8 comments:

Jane said...

I love it Melissa, very bright and cheerful

Karen said...

It's just perfect---a reflection of your bright and cheery posts and outlook on life!

Susanne said...

Love the new look - so happy and FUN!

Patio Postcards said...

Your new look is lovely - such bright vibrant colours that all work well together - yes a definite reflection of you! I like the idea of creating a mood board on Pinterest ... thanks for that idea :)

Barbara Eads said...

OMGosh! I love your new look! I need your help. How can I do something like that for my blog? I'm even willing to pay you to help me!

LeAnne said...

Looks good. Great colors!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is lovely - so bright and cheerful.

I like the props you chose, and the glimpse into your creative process too.

Ellyn said...

it looks great!